Pagamon helped a biotech to globally re-internalize the subcontracted distribution of a commercial product
- Our client re-internalizes the outsourced distribution of its vaccine against Japanese encephalitis (JEV). The additional gross margin at stake is representing several tens of million € / year.
- This transfer requires the build-up of business operations in 21 countries / markets – via subsidiaries or via agreement with distributors – as well as the related supply chain. The challenge is to success in transition from the current distributor (a multinational company): transfer of the pharmaceutical responsibility, inventory, changes in packaging, continuity of market supply, etc.
- Our client asked Pagamon to support the management of this transformation project: PMO and support to the internal project manager
- Structuring four work streams: Commercial (marketing, sales, distribution), Compliance (Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs), Supply (S & OP / MPS, supply chain), PMO / Legal (project management, legal and finance)
- Planning of “Build” and “Transfer“ phases (prior to the “Run”) and definition of dashboards by country
- Mobilization of contributors, milestones and deliverables tracking, coordination of transversal actions
- Preparation and follow-up of the decision meetings: internal steering committee and joint steering committee (with the current distributor)
- Program plan and stream charters: objectives, activities, deliverables and schedule. Overall and by-country dashboards
- PMO for the transfer program during the first 5 months (To = denunciation of the current global contract)
- Versus H1 2015 to H1 2016: JEV sales have doubled, excluding special items, the company’s EBITDA grew by ten million €