The business becomes more complex. The complexity induced by the strategic choices, the multi-dimensional matrix organization, the alliances or partnerships decided on a global scale make the chains of responsibility and the hierarchical links less distinct.
A successful organization relies on an agile structure and mobilizes the right resources on the right places. It has a culture of performance in its genes, which encourages employee engagement. It is to be able to integrate in its operating modes the new opportunities offered by the digital in order to gain in flexibility and in efficiency. In addition, simplification must be at the heart of the transformation of organisations, carried out and initiated by the employees themselves.
Here are some important points for us:
Have an organization aligned with the company’s strategy:
- The central functions must provide a vision of the trajectory to be followed,boost the necessary synergies for any business transformation. Their behaviour is a major catalyst with a powerful influence in leading the way. The principal added value lies in the ability to propel the organisation onto the road to change.
- They are also a support for operational functions. They have to provide them with methodologies and tools while avoiding generating too much reporting.
- The company will seek to mobilize the right skills within well-dimensioned structures to implement the strategic objectives.
Simplify organizations and eradicate unnecessary complications:
- Pain points disrupt the daily lives of employees, create tension and waste time. Eradicate them and implementing a long-term approach to avoid making them reappear helps to improve the “employee experience”.
Establish lean processes:
- An effective organization relies on clear roles, responsibilities and processes supported by appropriate tools. The solutions brought by the digital revolution must reinforce the operational agility and improve the cooperation between the actors.
DIAGNOSIS OF PROCESSES
DIAGNOSIS OF THE ORGANIZATION
DIAGNOSIS OF THE ORGANIZATION
- Map the process, its steps, activities and tasks as well as potential wastes
- Identify stakeholders and tools used in each step
- Estimate the time required for each activity
- Identify irritants, time-consuming tasks, non-value-added tasks and wastes
- Define the target solutions: building an optimized target process
- Tools used: Value Stream Mapping, RACI *, SIPOC **, DILO ***, Chronogram
*RACI : Responsible Accountable Consulted Informed
**SIPOC : Supplier Input Process Output Customer
***DILO : Day In the Life Of
- Evaluate the organization’s performancebased on activity ratios by sector
- Estimate load variations, target impacted populations and adapt the size of the organisation accordingly
- Evaluate the impact of digitalisation on the organisation, automate or simplify certain actions
- Size the right organisation to absorb load variations, integrate organizational changes and more efficient modes of operation
- Evaluate the efficiency gains associated with the chosen recommendations (time, productivity, …)
- Develop a plan and timeline for implementation of the benefits-based recommendations, the necessary human / budgetary resources
- Accompany and lead change:
- rely on strong leadership to benefit from the momentum needed for any change project
- mobilize and provide coaching to local teams to ensure stakeholder support for the change project: pedagogy, training, explanation of organizational impacts
- Methodology and tools: agile project mode, issues matrix / accessibility